Monday, October 27, 2014
The Michigan Community Service Commission in partnership with various nonprofits will award mini grants for volunteer projects in recognition of National Service Day. Projects can take place Monday, January 12, 2015 through Friday, January 23, 2015. Please view their website for all application details.
Tuesday, October 21, 2014
1. THE NEXT ACT DEADLINE IS NOV 7 FOR THE DECEMBER TEST. Get your fee waiver from your counselor!
2. FREE ACT PRACTICE: www.number2.com
3. ACT Prep Course!! 9-week course from Oct 14 – Dec 9, 6-8:00 pm. $155 including supper and snack. Held at EMU Detroit Campus, 7800 W.Outer Dr., 3rd floor, Henry Ford Medical Center. 313-874-5820.
4. Make sure you have completed Mrs. Carter’s Senior Survey!! This is MANDATORY, SENIORS!
This survey is very important for college visit invitations and scholarship opportunities!
You may miss out on other senior activities if this survey is not completed!
5. Remember, this bulletin is posted at eastenglishvillageprepacademy.blogspot.com, the EEVPA Facebook page, and follow us on twitter@EEVPA. It is also emailed to all staff members!
There is no excuse for you to not be aware of important senior information!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
6. Athletes!!! Register with the NCAA at www.eligibilitycenter.org. You must have already received a fee waiver for the ACT to pay for registration. See Ms. Mia if you have questions or concerns!!
· COLLEGE VISIT: Marygrove College – Monday, October 20th – 11:00 AM – Auditorium
· COLLEGE VISIT: Harris Stowe State University – Tuesday, October 21st – 11:00 AM – Auditorium
Invitation Only! You do NOT want to miss THIS ONE!
· COLLEGE FAIR AT WAYNE STATE: Friday, Oct 24th - For invited and selected seniors only!!!
· ONSITE ADMISSIONS: Michigan State University Onsite Admissions – Monday, October 27th,
8:00 – 3:00 PM – see your counselor for location of this event
· COLLEGE VISIT: Albion College – Tuesday, October 28th – 11:00 AM – Auditorium
· COLLEGE VISIT: University of Michigan-Dearborn – Thursday, October 30th – 11:00 AM – Auditorium
· COLLEGE ONSITE: “Decision Day” at Renaissance High School – Saturday, November 1, 2014
Apply ahead to 5 colleges, then register for Decision Day online at www.admissions.msu.edu/decision2015.asp
· HBCU COLLEGE FAIR: Black College Fair at EEVPA – Tuesday, November 18th, 6:00 – 8:00 PM
Jackie Robinson Foundation Scholarship
Must apply online using the link above
. Must be African-American senior
. Must attend 4-year college/university
. GPA: Competitive (3.0 or above)
. ACT: 21 or better
. Must demonstrate leadership potential and dedication to community service
. Must demonstrate financial need
. 3 Essays! 1. On Jackie Robinson 2. A pressing global issue 3. On your leadership
. Amount: $30,000 ($7,500 per year)
. Deadline: Must be received on or before February 15, 2015
SENIORS, THIS IS YOUR YEAR! 2015! YOU HAVE A LOT OF WORK TO DO!! GET BUSY!!
Thursday, October 9, 2014
Acceptance, Harmony, Inclusion
Giant Step Teen Conference celebrates 30 years of helping southeast Michigan students learn to respect and understand each other. Choose the 9th and 10th graders who will benefit most from exposure to different cultures, races, schools and economic backgrounds.
See your counselor for details